Mallee park hosted Lincoln South at Pecker Park in what was a terrific contest.

When these sides met seven weeks ago, Mallee Park were far superior in every aspect and came away with a whopping 95 point win.

Saturday, a totally different script was written.

The Eagles’ emphasis was on redeeming some respect and showing improvement and they did just that plus more.

The first quarter was a good arm wrestle with Souths holding their own but with the assistance of a two goal breeze and a good 12 minute purple patch by the Peckers, the home side came in at quarter time with a three-goal lead.

From here the Eagles showed some good physical pressure and caused Mallees to fumble at times and Souths moved the footy fluently and capabilities with six unanswered goals.

The half time score saw Lincoln South 8.6.54 to Mallee Park 5.8.38.

The third quarter was a cracker, Mallee Park came out much more physical and threatened at times but every time they drew blood on the scoreboard the Eagles responded and vice versa.

A big tackle saw young Eagle Mitch Lyons carried from the ground.

Minns, White and Del Miller really stepped up despite copping plenty of attention but with every knock they copped they lifted another level.

Ky Miller was proving a handful around the ground while Kingsley Bilney Jnr found plenty of leather in a hard fought quarter that saw both sides bang on four majors each as Mallee Park trailed by 15 points.

The arm wrestle continued in the last where sides went goal for goal until the final siren sounded.

The Eagles held on by nine points, a 17 goal turnaround from seven weeks ago.

In what was a good quality game of footy co coaches Shaun Evans and Michael Williams acknowledged that Mallee Park were probably a long way off their best while Souths played probably their best footy so far for the year.

That said, they were pleased with the improvement in the group since round three.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *